Sunday, September 28, 2008

Valued Families Updates- Late September

Thanks to all of the families who joined us for apple picking at Heritage Orchard today! We had a great time and in spite of the clouds had an enjoyable picnic. I think the highlight for the younger kids was pushing and pulling the wagons. I'll post some pictures on the blog if families do not object. Please e-mail me if you would prefer I not post them of you or your family. Privacy is respected in Valued Families.

 

  • Our next meeting is scheduled for next Sunday, October 4th. Kari and I will be out of town so I am proposing two options: a.) We reschedule for Sunday the 12th at Harmony Cafe from 2:00-4:00 OR b.)  The meeting proceeds on the 5th as scheduled and one of you lovely parents volunteer to facilitate the meeting, greet new arrivals, make introductions etc. in my place. You can e-mail me or vote on the blog. I'll post a survey.
 
  • It is with some disappointment that I recommend moving our showing of “It’s Elementary” to the spring of next year. I confess I have had much going on in my personal and professional life that has not allowed me the time to dedicate to properly promoting the event. I really want to present it properly in an organized and well-promoted manner and I just don’t feel in the time between now and November 12th that this could be done properly. I would very much like to plan this for late April or early May of 2009I hope I can count on all of you to assist me in the organization and promotion. I will actually be organized enough by then to have assignments to assist! If this is okay with everyone, I would really prefer to wait. Please let me know your thoughts.
 
  • With the holidays approaching I know all of us will be swamped with family, school and work activities but I am hoping to plan something beyond our usual monthly gatherings. Any ideas? Thanksgiving volunteering, Cookie exchange, adopt-a-family, family bowling? Let me know your ideas!

No comments: